- Urbanism / Landscaping
- Address: Ermita de Sant Pau. Sant Pere de Ribes.
- Project year: 2017
- Area: 1.713 m²
- Promoter: Ajuntament de Sant Pere de Ribes
- Project description:
ADJUSTMENT OF THE SURROUNDINGS OF THE HERMITAGE OF SANT PAU
The Hermitage of Sant Pau is an emblematic place of Sant Pere de Ribes where the city's major winter festivals are held.
The project stems from the need to order spaces and get services that supply it. The elements that mark the development of the project are:
- The steep slope between the arrival road and the esplanade.
- The staircase where the popular dances go up to the Hermitage.
- The pine tree that presides over the main esplanade and all the events that take place on it.
The steep slope serves to bury the services for the community and the "masover". The roof of this one, becomes a balcony on the Villa focusing on the Church of Ribes and to the bottom the Mediterranean Sea.
A dry stone wall rests on the new staircase and contains the service elements.
Choosing the piece of pavement and its color, working with corten steel (clay color), playing with stone walls and replacing the chumberas, are elements that help us finish a project in which we try to leave the slightest mark to be able to value the environment: Hermitage, vegetation and views.